Friday, March 1, 2013

Actualization...Hope is Near

     I feel like Bob Dylan in Maggie’s Farm. Millions of ideas constantly bubble in my brain. They seem to be reaching a critical mass where they may boil over, and perhaps burst through the rigid sutures securing my cranium. But that's okay. There’s no need for alarm. "The better to PUBLISH with, my dears!" so sayeth this wolf, and I shall triumphantly embrace La Loba!
     Dare I imagine finding a job where, as a professional, I could freely engage my creativity and combine it with my fastidious attention to detail? Where I could proffer brave ideas and acquire new skills (coding, please!)? Where I could perform meaningful work, knowing that my devout self-measurement against Weberian ideal types – my unwavering striving for perfection - is actually appreciated? Where my original ideas may be encouraged and/or accepted, or may join a collective and collaborative brainstorm of organizational creativity and innovation, rather than constantly crashing into petrified elements (organic and other) of bureaucracy that are no longer responsive to stimuli? To me, this sounds like heaven - and it is what I am excited about today. I have been introduced to a company that desires strange and exceptional souls, as well as my (MLS) skill set. I have applied for an open position there, and am drunk with positivity as I imagine the enormous potential and the magnitude of possibilities for growth that may ensue, should I be hired.
     For the purpose of paying this good fortune forward to any potential reader(s), and back to the company as well: The company's name is “Knewton.” They rock in so many ways. More to come in coming days, I’m sure. - B

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Blogroll