Monday, April 29, 2013

Very random and quick smattering of thoughts

It's all in the user. Facebook can sometimes NOT be a waste of time and a brain sucker. Like today. I saw a post about the Girl Scouts. It was an attack ad by a neo-republican. The crazy psycho tea party kind that we can't get away from as of late. It was accusing the Girl Scouts of wonderful things. Well, things that they thought were heinous, but that I see as essential and inherently good. Such as, inclusion of those whom society deems as "freaks" and educating girls about their bodies and their rights. Anyway, it made me want to read my daughter's Girl Scout book, and when I did, the tears came tumbling down. It was thoroughly, intrinsically, and organically beautiful. A sublime surprise. Wondrous, really.

I think we are reaching that critical mass, finally. Where all this badness explodes and the shapes formed by the fallen debris somehow end up surprisingly friendly - easily approached and repurposed - willingly - into something new, yet already wise: A recycling of our humanity of sorts. I hope I hope I hope. I read somewhere that our nihilistic age of strict rationalism is ending and a re-enchantment of our world has begun. One can only hope, right? 

But one can also contribute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Blogroll